Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lessons for my child(ren)

Well, I issued a blog challenge at the sisterhood of scrap today, so I guess I ought to answer it myself. I have been thinking about this question for a while now, and still don’t really have a good answer. I think that is one of the reasons that I chose to issue this challenge, to challenge myself to do it to. So, the question is, what lessons do you hope to teach your children?

1.Be kind – to yourself and others. I always apply the golden rule – treat others how you would like to be treated. Sometimes, ok often, I forget to apply this to myself. I guess that is one lesson that I have yet to fully learn and leads me to lesson number 2.
2.Love yourself – learn to love yourself for who you are. Learn to love your body for what it is.
3.Find your passion – It doesn’t matter how long it takes. You might not, probably won’t, find it in college. You might not be able to make a career out of it. But find something that you are passionate about, that makes you happy. That is so important!
4.Love deeply. Don’t be afraid to throw your whole heart into love. Don’t force it either.
5.Dance like nobody is watching – What I really mean is, lead your life like nobody is watching. Follow your heart and don’t worry about what other people will think.
6.Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
7.Slow down and enjoy the ride – tomorrow may hold something incredibly interesting but nothing can compare to today. Enjoy it while you have it!
8.You never know until you try, and try your best! If you put your heart and soul into it, and give 100% you will be surprised at what you can accomplish.
9.Find the balance that works for you. What gives one person a sense of balance in life may not give you that same feeling, find what does give you balance.
10.Oh, and whatever you do, don’t drink in high heels when it is raining in Pittsburgh.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

#11. Don't try to carve a pumpkin while you're half in the bag.

Rachael said...

Awesome list!!!