Sunday, March 16, 2008

This is what it is about

THIS is what scrapbooking is all about. this page took me forever! I have been meaning to work on it since August when Gump passed away, but it was too painful for me, so I kept putting it off. when I finally did start working on it - it took me hours of moving stuff around and trying new things. {readmore}I really wanted to get all these photos, the poem and the quote on there. Actually seth was the one who came up with the idea of using the blue letters for the title.

 

the journaling tag is one of the new Jeni Bowlin tags - I just colored in the dog.

Photobucket

The poem (I wrote the third stanza) reads:

We wish we could have told you,
in words you'd understand,
We wanted you to stay with us.
This wasn't what we'd planned.

We wish somehow to tell you,
How empty we now feel.
A part of us went with you,
A part that time can't heal.

We wish we'd once more hear you,
trotting down the hall
we'd love to hear you bark hello
and see you chase your ball.

We wish we had you back again,
to fill this empty space.
But one day we'll be together
in a far, far better place.

and the quote reads: Dont cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Here it is framed. I am going to let my dad stain the frame because he probably has stain that matches their house, plus I think it might be something good for him to do. Photobucket

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Aww, great layout Megan. Love the quote. :-)