Monday, March 17, 2008

easter page, a toot and some randomness

here is another page from this weekend. My easter page!

Love this page! This one also too forever! I just couldnt get it quite right. Every time I have a lot to go on a page it seems to take forever.

This one was for ymbd.etsy.com and you can see it featured on the blog today (and you can win a prize if you go over there and leave a comment!) The journaling tag, white glitter letters, and white felt letters are all from ymbd.etsy.com

the rest of the page is from my noel mignon kit that my wonderful hubby ordered for me!!


So, on to my toot. (which by the way, that word cracks me up and I try not to use it - yes I have the sense of humor of a 10 year old boy, but anything else made the title of this post too long)So, anyway, the scrap goddesses have been good to me lately, and believe me when I say that I am NOT getting jaded. Every single RAK or accolade that I receive fills me with joy. I know that sounds cliche and maybe a bit ridiculous, or maybe just pompous, but its true. So with that, I am thrilled to share my latest joy with you: I was chosen as the trendsetter of the month at scrapsupply.com for my Priceless Moment page.



Now on to randomness. I have been reading this blog Stuff White People Like because sometimes I find it humorous in a dry sarcastic kind of way. Well, today was one of those days. I love this part:

"It is also worth nothing that on this day (St Patricks Day), there is always one trump card that never fails to gain respect and acclaim. When you are sitting at an Irish bar and someone orders a round of Guinness, you must take a single sip and while the other white people are savoring their drink, you say: “mmmm, I know it sounds cliche, but it really is true. Guinness just tastes better in Ireland.”

This comment will elicit an immediate and powerful response of people agreeing with your valuable insight. This statement also has the additional benefit of humiliating the members of your party who have not been to Ireland (and thus cannot confirm this proclamation). Having not traveled to Ireland and consumed a beer that is widely available in their hometown and throughout the world, they will immediately be perceived as provincial, uncultured, and inferior to you."

This cracks me up for various reasons, but one of them is definitely that while I would be the first to point out - while in Germany or Prague or wherever - that the beer tastes the same here as in America. And while in several European countries I have lamented that everything is the same as back home, still I must confess to being one of those people who loves to drop comments about 'the time that I was in Europe' - lol! It isnt so much meant to make people who havent been there feel inferior, but to yeah, brag, about all the things that I have seen and done. hmmm, is bragging the same as making people feel inferior? Plus, I guess to give myself a little credit, the time I spend in Europe was some of the most relaxing, exciting, fun-filled time in my life so I do just enjoy recalling it.

anyway enough randomness. til tomorrow.

No comments: