Sunday, March 2, 2008

Quote Storage Box

I thought that Grace's challenge on scrapwords to create some quote storage was really great and couldnt wait to start! I used the recipe box that I got on the Micheals $1 rack and altered it. I filled it with 4x6 index cards and made some dividers in coordinating colors. I smudged out the front because it is extremely similar to my ATCs for a swap so I didnt want to give anything away.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The patterned paper is prima and tinkering ink. then on top I used layers of brown ink and clear embossing powder. I also inked the edges of all the papers and lightly inked to distress the surfaces. On the top of the box I used prima letters, misc trim, button and crocheted butterfly, then I sprayed the whole thing with glimmer mist. Oh and I used pop dots under the letters to keep them level despite being on top of the thick trim. I am LOVING how this turned out!!!. The front that you cant see is a piece of paper cut with scalloped scissors and a few other things and features my favorite quote.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

love it! i never thought to spray glimmer mist allover the place. hmmmm and theres that adorable brown trim! awesome job