Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Friday Friday!!!

It's Friday, and I am bored, and tired and hungry and I want to go home. So I thought I would do another blog post to take up some time. Blogging makes me happy.

First random thought: I won a drawing from ScrapSupply for their Gauntlet challenge. I don't hang around on the boards over there all that much, but I love their store - tons of colors of Bazzill and some unusual products that are hard to find elsewhere. So I am really excited! I won a $25 gc! and I never win random drawings! Since I was little I have always said - I am just not lucky. My sister would always kick my butt at all those chance games that kids play. It got to the point that it was almost comical. Give me a strategy game any day, but a game of chance I will surely lose. Not this time though!! I am so excited! In fact, I am so excited that I can't decide what to buy! LOL!

Second random thought: I was chosen as the Fab Find for today at Coordinates Collections for my round M+S=Love page. I love that page and am thrilled to see that someone else really liked it too!

Third Random Thought: I asked a question of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel and they chose to answer it. You can read it here. I don't know why this excites me so much - partly because I really wanted an answer to my question, but also I guess just that 'seeing your name in print' feeling. They say that they get a lot of questions and don't answer them all, so I feel priveledged that they chose to answer mine.

Fourth Random Thought: I am doing pretty well on my 'don't buy' plan. On Wednesday I put $100 worth of scrappy products in my cart at a store that is going out of business. You needed to spend $100 to get %40 off. And I found a ton of stuff that I wanted, and it was a good deal. But at the last minute I just closed the window. And today I did the same thing at Disney Outlet .com I am actually starting to like it! I mean, I used to get a rush from pressing the "confirm order" button, but now I am getting a rush from just closing my browser and NOT buying. It feels like I am actually in control instead of impulse buying.

Fifth Random thought: now if only I could apply that same sort of reasoning to my diet. I decided last night that I was well enough to start working out again, but when I woke up this morning I was tired and my throat hurts - a LOT. yep, I am a total wimp. So I didnt work out. BUT I did vow to get back on track, and I came up with a new guidline I call it the 3-4-5 plan. I plan to eat 300 calories for breakfast, 400 calories for lunch and 500 calories for dinner. That adds up to 1200 calories and leaves room for a 100 calorie snack in the afternoon with plenty of room to spare. I am hoping that this more rigid plan will help me stay on track, because before, I was just shooting for a total of 1300-1600 calories per day and I would try to save them up over the course of the day and then end up binging and going over. Today, I think it is sort of working, I had a donut for breakfast and pizza for lunch. (just one donut and only two slices of pizza with grease dabbed off) and an apple. Now, I know that is not the most healthy stuff, but it is Friday and around here Friday means donuts from the bakery down the street and they are THE BEST donuts EVER!!! I mean, I just can't pass them up, so I have worked it in, I mean, if I pass them up in the morning then the good cream filled kind that I like is gone and I end up eating TWO stale donuts in the afternoon trying to fulfill that craving but I just can't so sometimes I even do some candy too! So that is my excuse - wanna make som-in of it?!

Random thought number - oh crap I forget, so whatever: did I share this with you yet? well if I did then sorry for boring you but here it is again and if I didnt, then this is a tin that had fudge in it from target at christmas that I altered for a challenge.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Shannon said...

1- I think you not being lucky is bull! Every time I turn around, you're winning this or being chosen for that. hehehe, congrats!

2- Mom's Panel! how cool is that, Megan A from PA!

3- Dude, I did the same exact freakin thing at that store thats going out of business! I started adding, then I said NO to myself. I did it again today at CC! First, we're on the same DT, then we're eating the same food, now we're picking up the same habits! wierd...

4- I hear ya on eating 2 stale doughntuts in the afternoon b/c you passed the fresh ones all day and tried to resist. thats the story of my life...sigh...