Thursday, March 29, 2012

Double Slider Halloween Card

This time Joy challenged us to make a moving card. I admit that I was really scared when given this challenge, but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Unfortunately, even with a video tutorial it took me three tries to get the slider part working. And they call me an engineer!! HA! I don't think it's supposed to be that hard. I was just tired. Yeah, that's the excuse that I'm going with. I kept the front pretty simple. The witch is from the Chic and Scary cricut cartridge. I used papers from My Mind's eye, Creative Imaginations, and Pink Paislee. 
 Then I added my sentiments to the inside. This is a double slider card, so when you pull on the orange tab, both panels pop out. Since it's kind of shocking that another panel comes out, I thought adding a ghost saying 'boo' was appropriate. I hand cut the ghost, freehand since it's such a simple shape.
The stamps are from the Halloween Puns stamps. I embossed both of the sentiments with black embossing powder to make them pop a little bit more. 

2 comments:

carrie said...

This is so cute...I need to make one of these!

Gloria said...

Can you share the link to the video tutorial? This looks like such a fun card to make. TFS

Precious Hugs