Friday, March 16, 2012

Fun news!

First, some fun news from Joy's Life - she is releasing a few new stamps including images!!

Second, I am the featured guest designer on the We R memory keepers facebook page

I used the Cotton Tail collection and created this layout
and this card

Finally, I have been taking this new E-class that my friend Leslie is doing. It's free, and there is still time to join, so you should check it out. It's all about growing as a person using journaling and art journaling.
I have never done art journaling before, but I am looking forward to it. This is what I created for my first assignment, I went a little of task. This is more a Zentangle than art journaling, but it's something that I have been wanting to try for a while. The idea behind zentangle is meditation through drawing intricate doodles. I think it is something I am going to keep doing, it really is relaxing. I seem to be better at calming my mind when I have something else to focus on that isn't thought intensive, but is still SOMETHING. anyway, so the prompt for this assignment was a quote about stained glass so I thought it would be a perfect application to zentangling. Im pretty happy with it, I never thought I could do something like this. 




2 comments:

mommysews said...

Love your zentangle. I have thought about starting it, but so far thinking about it is all I have done.

Sandy said...

I've been into Zentangle for quite a while - I didn't know you were too. GREAT page!