Monday, March 12, 2012

St. Patty's Day Card

I don't normally do anything for St. Patty's Day, and I don't really even care for green, but I guess I got caught up in it this year. I made this card for a couple of challenges.
I used some old Little Yellow Bicycle papers, a ribbon from a william's and sonoma gift box (that I have had since my wedding shower!), and a couple of Joy's Life stamps. (I used the happy from the everyday occasions and the rest is from the holiday occasions.)
The card was featured on the paper issues blog!
This is for the Really Reasonable Ribbon monochromatic green challenge. It is also for the Create blog St. Patty's day challenge.  Also the papertake weekly anything goes challenge, the creative inspirations green and white challenge, the charisma cardz ribbon challenge, the do you stack up green challenge, the phindy's place monochromatic green challenge, the pile it on green challenge, and the simon says stamp and show anything goes challenge.  wow, there were a lot of green challenges this week - hence the me getting caught up in the challenge thing, I just couldn't keep ignoring it. Also, since I am generally so bad at green, I thought it was a good REAL challenge for me! I really like how this turned out. 

18 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - gotta love the fab ribbon bow.Thanks so much in joining us this week at Pile it On.

Dan said...

That bow makes such a bold statement - love it! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!!

Nina Yang said...

Beautiful, Megan! Love the bold bow!

Dawnll said...

I just love your beautiful bow on this design
So glad you could join us at
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card and bow!!
Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Green challenge!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Julia Aston said...

That bow is terrific! what a lovely St. Patrick's day card!

Shannon said...

I love your bow!!!

Debs said...

Fab card - the bow is lush :o)
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Denise said...

Great card - love that bow!!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Paper Issues said...

This is amazing!!! Love that bow! Thank you so much for sharing it with Paper Issues!! We featured you today: http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2012/03/st-patricks-day-card.html

Payne Holler Cards said...

really great card and luv that bow! - thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place (-:
hope to see you again!

febe said...

Love the green bow and the simple background. :)

safes

Kate Vickers said...

Meg! I love that big green bow! you are an awesome cardie!

Anonymous said...

<a href="http://www.peteredwardsphoto.com.au/exclusive-perth-wedding-photography>Wedding Photography Perth </a>


HI Megan. Very well made girl. I love your scrap book!

Anonymous said...

compare electricity providers melbourne


Hi Megan. I must say you're really artistic. Thanks for these.

Anonymous said...

pet shops


Hi Megan. I'm so excited to celebrate St. Patrick's day! I make it a hobby to make cards and give them to my friends too.

Anonymous said...

medal mounting


HI Megan. There's really freedom and excitement in this card. Just in time for ST. Patrick's day. Thanks girl.