Tuesday, October 21, 2008

my retreat

I went on a scrapbooking retreat this weekend. It was AWESOME! There were 9 women in a house specifically designed for scrapping. We each got a 6ft long table, a really comfy chair, a really comfy bed, use of a kitchen and snack bar, there were two awesome big screen tv{readmore}'s (one is the crop room and one in the great room) and a little store with the essentials and some other goodies in case of emergency. Oh and some other punches a cricut and stamps. So fun! I learned some new things, met some new people and had a LOT of scrapping time! Friday I got there at 2pm, but I had a bit of a migraine. Not terrible, but not great and I ended up in bed at 8pm. But Sat I scrapped until midnight! Can't remember the last time I was up that late!

(yesterday I was home with Ellie because she is sick) So, now I am back at work, had my flu shot (yuk) and back to the norm.

Here is one of the things that I worked on - this lovely Jenni Bowlin mini album from scrapwords! I love the shape of this and there are SOOOO many pages! So many in fact that I ran out of photos and had a few pages left over. The good news about that is that the pages make great journaling spots! I had all of these pictures of ellie making different faces, and I thought they would make really cute book to keep at my office. One day she wanted to pose for me, so I told her to smile, then show me a sad face, then a mad face, etc. I have no idea what the 'I bit a lemon' face is supposed to be, surprised maybe?

I just loved these photos and the pages of the book so I decided to keep it simple. I think I need to add something though but I cant decide what. (let me know if you have any ideas)

Anyway, I used Sassafrass Lass paper and borders, and stickers, an urban lily rubon, some Love Elsie ribbon, fancy pants felt, Sassafrass Lass rub-ons (that Les STILL doesnt have in the store), alpha stamps from the target dollar spot, stazon ink, misc brad, foam dots under the corners, some heidi grace chipboard that I had lying around, misc punches - including the photo corners punch that I just HAVE to HAVE! And I used some KI Memories Bloom for the yellow paper because I wanted to use THIS Sassafrass lass paper, but I had run out, so I used the closest thing I could find.

Photobucket

Photobucket

and if I do say so myself, dont you just love the scalloped border behind that photo? the other side of that sass lass paper has scalloped journaling spots, I had cut one out and it was laying with the blue checked side up and I thought - how cute! so I used the scallops on another part as a template and cut it down to the correct size, then traced it again for the other page that I used one on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's try this again...I was trying to leave a comment, but I guess I don't know how to use a computer...
I made a summer journal with this same album, I love the shape of it.
Your little one is pretty stinkin' cute, too.
ciao, Danielle