Friday, June 6, 2008

TGIF

and I do mean THANK GOD!!!

It has been the longest week EVER! I think partly because last week was a 3 day week for me - mon and fri off, and this week is a 5 day week. but today we have a deadline and a lot of work at work AND I have a migraine! the pain is better now, but I still feel like I got hit by a truck and all I want to do is crash on the floor and rest. oh and I am dizzy and sick to my stomach. but hey at least the pain and light sensitivity is gone - thank god for small favors right?

lots of scrapping this weekend for the 2scrappychix crop that I mentioned yesterday on the blog. and I have some other things for contests that I have to do. but it is good because I really need some time to myself. oh and we are going to a strawberry festival too.

Oh and one more bit of news - I am getting ready to start the body for life 12 week challenge. I am making DH do it with me, and acouple pals from scrapwords are doing it too. I am not going to say it is going to be fun, but I think that I really need a good swift kick in the rear, so maybe this will help. I am hoping that DH doing it with me will help me stick to it - but who knows maybe it will send me running for therapy or filing for divorce. I guess thats the chance you take huh? just kidding, I am totally sarcastic and downright stupid today - that is another side effect of a migraine. well the stupid is, the sarcasm comes from the stupid because I keep doing really dumb stuff and if I didnt laugh at myself I would be really upset. ok onto the fun stuff then back to work...

This page was for a challenge at the got mojo blog - but I didnt get it done in time. The challenge was to be inspired by clothing and use tape. I used a scrap of denim because ellie is wearing denim in the photos, and I used duct tape. I liked how the bright plaid on the paper contrasted with the darker and more 'edgy' materials. I then played up the contrast between 'pretty' and 'edgy' with staples on the laces.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey thanks for explaining the process. What is google reader? I'm loving the Scarlet Lime stuff on your blog. I'm down to odds and ends with last months kit and I'm really ready for this month's.
I hope your headache continues to improve, it amazes me how much you get done and still manage to work, blog, publish, and do your DT work. Keep up the awesome pages. Take care!

Jens Place in Space said...

Love your layout~

teresamatz said...

cool LO, love the contrasts

Pat said...

Great lo! Hope your headache has gone & good luck on your 12 week body for life!!

Allison Cope said...

I sure hope your migraine has subsided Meg! I can't say that's a great combo... a deadline and a headache! Wonderful page. Love the use of the tape and the demin! Take care!

Michelle said...

I hope you find sme relief for your migranes! love your layout love the little photos!

rajah1116 said...

That is such a great layout! Good luck on your challenge!

Jayme Downs said...

get out of town, that duck tape is so neat on that page!!!