Thursday, October 18, 2012

Joy's Life Embossed Halloween Card

I had this card in my head for a while. I am always trying to come up with simple, classy Halloween cards. When Joy asked us to use embossing this week, it seemed like the perfect match for this style.


I used the Oct 31st stamp from the Halloween Puns set. I embossed it in black on the kraft paper, then embossed it in clear, in a pattern on the black card itself. I love using embossing to create subtly textured patterns.


The spider web was cut using my cricut and the Chic and Scary cartridge. The inks and embossing powders are all Clearsnap. I drew the spiders and their threads by hand.


2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love your paper choices. Makes the web really stand out! Awesome card!

Jingle said...

This is really cute!