Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Card

What are you doing for New Year's Eve? Me? Same thing as last year - staying in and relaxing, probably even going to bed before midnight. And you know what? I don't feel guilty or lame about it - it's what I want to do. For years I put pressure on myself to have an awesome new year's eve, and was almost always disappointed - having spent too much money and had not enough fun. A party would probably solve that problem - having all of my friends over usually does. But then, who wants all that prep and clean up right after the holidays? So, I've decided that I'm happy with a very low key new year's.

I'm not saying that it will always be this way, but at this point in my life, where things are constantly go, go, go - the real treat for me is time when I DON'T have to go, go, go. And on that note, here is a little low key New Year's card for you - featuring an SRM sticker and some My Mind's Eye papers.

This card was featured in the Cards magazine blog New Years Cards Gallery!
I know it's early, but I hope you have a happy new year, whatever way you choose to celebrate!

Hmm, and now that I am looking at this card, I'm thinking - wouldn't that make a great Hanukkah card? Blue and grey - I might have to try that color combo next year. Maybe I can break out of my bad Hanukkah card rut! That makes me want to run right into my scrap room and try it now - it's never too soon to start right?!

4 comments:

anazelia said...

Beautiful card

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on the CARDS blog feature! I hope you have a great 2012!

annewalker said...

That is a very beautiful card! How i love it, the new year messages are also perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers and hugs this holiday xxxx
Anne Walker @
http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/new-year/new-year-wishes.html

Unknown said...

Wow, that was sweet. The colors and the designs are pretty cool. Very nice new year wishes too. Happy Holidays!

Sandra Cooper xxxx
Eazyday.blog.com