Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nikki Sivils Page





I won a prize from the Scrapbook Cards Today blog for participating in the project 12 challenge and I used that prize - Nikki Sivils It's Raining it's pouring collection - to create this layout using the sketch from her blog.

here is the sketch
I altered it a bit, by substituting patterned papers for the extra photos since I only had one photo. I also moved the title down. I machine stitched around the outside of the page and around the edges of the main blocks of paper. I used foam tape to pop up the clouds and the turtle - which I hand cut from the cut-outs paper. I also added some glossy accents to the turtle and the circle. Oh, and I colored blue under the punched edges to bring to mind rain.


10 comments:

Lea said...

Great layout!
Thanks for showing!
X Lea

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! You rocked the sketch and that line!! Thanks soooooooo much for joining us in Nikki Sivils GDT contest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Katrina Hunt said...

Adorable!!!! thanks for participating in the contest!!!! hugs, Katrina

Unknown said...

Just fabulous! Love it and good luck!

Yvonne said...

its great!

Nikki said...

Oh Megan this is so cute! I love layering and love the layering you did! Its just adorable!

Andrea Amu said...

Best of luck, Megan!
Love this creation of yours with that cute line!

Unknown said...

I'm simply adoring this layout. Every single detail is just PERFECT!!!!

Linda Beeson said...

I LOVE all of this! That is one of my favorite collections of papers and you did sach amazing job with all of it.

Deana said...

Fantastic! Love it!