Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Word of the Year

I don't do New Year's Resolutions, and I guess in a way this is just another form of that, but I have chosen a word of the year for the last few years and want to keep up that tradition.

For 2011 I have chosen the word 'CONSISTENT'. I tend to be very gung-ho about things for a while, then I slack off, then pick it back up, then slack off. So, my word, and my main goal this year is to maintain some consistency.

Top 5 daily consistency goals
1. workout
2. spend some quality time with Ellie (too many evenings after work, I am too busy to spend much time with her)
3. take care of my skin (use real cleanser, and moisturize)
4. floss - yeah some days I skip it to save a few seconds in my routine
5. do one small to-do list item (many days I put off my to-do list in favor of relaxing or sleeping more, but then I just have more to do later)

That's it! easy! I figure that if I focus on these 5 little things, doing them consistently every day, it would really make an impact on my life.


Other goals that would be nice to achieve, but are not the top of my focus:
Stress Reduction - learn to meditate or do yoga consistently a few times a week
Athletic - finish the 10 mile Broad Street Run in May
Artistic/Scrapbook - focus on creating for the reasons that I got into this art, don't stress about contests, design teams and publishing
Health - stick to a lower calorie balanced diet.
Weight - lose 30lbs
Family - do a 'major' family activity at least once a month - camping, going to a museum, etc.

4 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Excellent goals, Megan. I wish I could be consistent, too. That will be a part of my reinvention;)

Colleen said...

Love this one! Still working on mine though I have an idea of what it may be...think I'm down to one of two words. Are you doing Ali's Big Picture class? I'm thinking of it.

anazelia said...

those are all fabulous goals. good luck my friend.

Sandy Ang said...

A word for the year sounds good - mine will be metaphoric for embracing change. If you have a fav projec of 2010, love for you to come by and it link up.