Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ribbon Storage


Really Reasonable Ribbon has been talking about ribbon storage. and someone just emailed me about my post on the CK blog storage discussion asking for a photo, AND this is my favorite thing to look at in my studio, so I thought I would share a photo of my ribbon storage here. My husband says I am a little brave, because this shelf is right above my head, but these vases from the dollar tree fit perfectly on it. And they are the perfect size because I can just fit my hand down inside (and I have large hands). although, as you can see here, I am running out of space in some of them, so I am going to need to come up with an alternative. So far I have separated out the 'really special' trims - like the ones that have all the ribbon roses on them, and my wide silk ones. The purple you see here is actually flowers. I have the purple, white and black ribbon stored elsewhere, because I had a very small amount of purple and a very large amount of black and white. Now that I am looking at this though, I think I need to get some more pink!

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

I like your idea. I use one of the Ribbon Ease case thingies....and while it keeps my ribbon in one location, I don't really find it easy to see what ribbons and trims I have. Plus it puts a crimp in the ribbon where it come through the hole and it can stretch out crocheted trims when you pull them through. I think I'll try your idea with my more "special" trims.

LyndaKay said...

The rainbow of colors is lovely! Great tip & photo.

Sonia said...

Neat idea!!! I love using things that are meant for something else. I also love getting those things for a good price- Dollar Store- yeah!!!!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Your ribbon looks so pretty stored that way! Thanks so much for sharing your ribbon organization idea with your friends at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Amelia Clark said...

Wow it's really nice...Excellent work you did. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing more.
Scrapbooking