Monday, September 27, 2010

this week's Nook U layouts

Well, I haven't placed in the top three for a single challenge yet at Nook U, but I am holding out hope for this week. Im so proud of these layouts! Especially this first one which is a lift of one of Mahlin's layouts. Wish me luck to get into the finals this week. the top 15 people points-wise will be in the finals. Im just barely keeping up by doing every challenge, but I really need to place in at least one of these 4 challenges to make the finals.



























For the little guys in the corner, I drew them on a piece of scrap paper, using the sass lass monsters as models, then I cut them out and used them as a mask for the glimmer mist. Then I went back and drew the lines in after the glimmer mist had dried.

there is paint on the back of the hambly transparencies that I used a texture stamp on to make impressions in it.

7 comments:

anazelia said...

love these meg. especially the hair bands container.

Stacey said...

I love these!!!!!! Especially the blue one!!! So creative. I hope you place. You deserve it.

Sandy said...

Love the hair bands container and the patchwork layout! BEST of luck!

jaspertoes said...

I love the first one and the last one. I wish you the best of luck! No matter what, remember you a talented and wonderful lady. They are just blind. lol

Hilde/Scoobie said...

The lift of Mahlin's layout is just fab! And I love the monsters on the second one!

The gallery is flooding over at MyScrapbookNook - I'm sorry I havent had the time to comment on each of your beautiful creations!

jonaks said...

awesome projects. loved the altered tin.

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html