Monday, April 13, 2009

Page Maps Contest Entry

This is the page that I made for the Page Maps April Contest. I used the provided sketch combined with papers from Prima and Webster's pages, felt, lace, trim from Chatterbox, Flowers from prima, MME and Bazzill, paint, stitching, letters from Chatterbox, and a die cut swirly bird from YMBD scrapbooking.

The other part of the contest is to make the page topic about what is on my mind. Motherhood and my job as a mother has been on my mind a lot lately since Ellie had her accident and I have been thinking about how close I came to losing her. It made me think about how much I really love her and how much I probably take her for granted.

Photobucket

This page is heavy on journaling, so I am not going to type the whole text here. It is about my journey to motherhood, from being afraid, to feeling inadequate, to realizing that every mother is different and that doesnt make us bad.

6 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Sandy said...

If they recognize a gorgeous take on their sketch - you will win! It's lovely, Meg.

meganklauer said...

Beautiful page and love all the journaling!

Marcie said...

What a beautiful layout!

Laura Gilhuly said...

stunning!

jaspertoes said...

This is just awesome!