Monday, June 22, 2009

Bunnies on the porch!

I had a great weekend! Went scrapping on Saturday and made some new friends, got about 8 pages done, and found a great new store to go to! Then on Sunday we did Father's day stuff. When I got back from the party at my grandmother's house, I thought I would garden for a few minutes since it has been raining too much to do it lately. And look what I found in the planter with my tomato plant:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

m thinking that mom picked the spot because we have a fox in the neighborhood but he doesnt come in our yard because it is fenced in, and - I thought - because we have a dog. But apparently mommy rabbit thinks that my lazy beagle is less of a theat than the fox. (and she'd be right, my hound dog didnt even know that there was a nest of bunnies on our porch, some hound dog she is, huh?)

and its funny because last week I looked out the window and saw the mommy bunny sitting there in the planter. I didnt know the nest was there at that point. So I literally pulled my lazy Beagle out of bed and pushed her out the dog door to make her chase the bunny off. I was so mad that she was going to eat my tomatoes, when she is already the likely the culprit for eating all our strawberries! The dog is sick of chasing the rabbits because they always get away. So she halfheartedly gave chase but didn't even bother to bark - lol!

No comments: