Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pebbles, Inc ACOT reveal

Pebbles, Inc has quickly become one of my favorites. I loved working with Floral Lane and Happy Go Lucky, and did you see the new releases - yum! So, yeah, you will be seeing more of Pebbles from me in the near future. Anyway, here are a few of the things I created for my ACOT reveal this month:

I have been stuck in a rut of always making white cards. I was inspired by some cards in paper crafts magazine to try a colored card and put the sentiment in the middle instead of off to the side. I played up the red and purple in this line and made the bouquet pop against a piece of white cardstock framed by the red card. For the leaves, I used a Unity stamp. Since I wanted some of the stems leaning left and some leaning right, I stamped on the front of the green paper with versamark ink, then stamped some others on the back of the paper with regular ink, so that when I cut them all out, you can't see the stamping. I used one of the really cool tear off edges above the sentiment, and glued the sentiment to some ribbon.

For this page, I had these sepia photos lying on my desk waiting for the perfect papers. The pretty soft peach paired with the floral browns of the Floral Lane Collection was perfect in an almost vintage way. These papers reminded me, in a good way, of grandmothers and sewn aprons and iced tea. Along those lines, I decided to add a bunch of sewing. I have all three kinds here - machine, hand and faux! I created a mini quilt using machine stitching. I cheated by using my scoring board to fold the edges where I wanted the stitching. Then I nipped the corners so they wouldnt cause problems when I tried to fold the edges down. I put a little adhesive in the center of each square (so my needle didn't run into the glue and get all gummed up) and glued them to a scrap paper. Then I stitched with a zig zag stitch along the inner seams and a straight stitch around the outer edges. For the scalloped edge, I punched circles and cut them in half before adhering them and finishing them with some faux stitching. The rest was easy! The photos are popped up on foam tape. I added some gesso underneath the top part of the title and a journaling spot under the bottom part. Finally, I finished it all off with some simple lollipop flowers with hand sewn stems. The lollipop flowers were so simple! I just hand cut circles of various size from white eyelet fabric and sewed them together with buttons.
Check out the rest of my creations in my article at a cherry on top.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Fantastic work with Pebbles!