Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My entry

Ok, so as much as I am beating myself up about this now, I am still pretty fond of it, so here it is:

the first assignment was to make a page using the Together and Artsylicious product that was included. This is the page I made. I had a really tough time with the title, and I have definitely decided that I dont like what I did with the brown paper there, but I just couldnt find something better.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the other thing was wide open - item or page using the chatterbox product. They sent me a whole bunch of the really cool gems and buttons and stuff, so I looked at them and thought they reminded me of jewels so I wanted to make a princess jewelry box - complete with a ballerina. I had a terrible time finding a cheap jewelry box with a ballerina in it, but I did.

And now I wonder if the doll is too cheesy and maybe THAT is what made me not win - lol - gosh I overthink everything. Anyway, I still love it

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

So now I know I am sounding really sad and like I am really beatin myself up. but suprisingly I am not, I am still thrilled to have made the short list and the girls that won are just fabulous! those pages were totally drool worthy! So, really, I am ok. I am happy with what I did. (I can't help but crtique it after all we are all our own worst critic) but I am happy with it. I LOVE that box!

6 comments:

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

I had wondered if we all had the same products and assignments. We did not. I really like your LO and your project is very creative and sweet.

Laura Gilhuly said...

your works of art are amazing!!! Truly outstanding!

Nicole Martel said...

cute box!

Melanie H said...

Your projects are stunning Meg, please don't think that they aren't goo enough.

I love the jewellery box.

Marcie said...

Megan, these are beautiful! You should be very proud!

Zoa said...

GORGEOUS!! I just heard the news --- I know I am so late! I am sorry you didn't make it Megan- your stuff is AWESOME! I definitely don't think there was anything wrong with your entries- you just never know what the judges are looking for!! GREAT JOB!!!