Saturday, May 31, 2008

Toot and sleep

hmmm, interesting title huh?

Ok, so my toot (x2) is that Somerset Memories Mag has requested TWO of my pages! I am so excited! This will be my first publication!

Then on to sleep. I have been noticing the past couple of days that - dare I say it - Ellie has been going to bed more easily and sleeping better! I was totally thinking that this was NEVER going to happen! It used to be that she would scream at bed time, and get up multiple times. Now, she still cries, but gets in bed and gets up once AT MOST! and in the middle of the night sometimes she calls me in to rub her back, or wakes up to go potty, but she doesnt try to climb in bed with us. I just can't believe it ! What is even more surprising to me is that I didnt notice when it happened. I have been waiting for this for so long that I thought for sure I would notice and we would have a party. but I guess it happened gradually, and we had a few nights here and there that were good, only to go back to old habits. so I guess I just got tired of hoping.

anyway, now all of the sudden I am feeling rested for the first time in YEARS!!! I always have needed a lot of sleep - 8 or 9 hours - but for the longest time it seemed like no matter what I was always tired in the morning.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congrats on being published, and feeling rested! :-D

Shawna said...

Congrats on your pub! What is sleep?

Pat said...

Congrats on being published!!!WTG

Shannon said...

you rock! 2 LO's??? how awesome, i need to go check this mag out!

scrapwordsmom said...

I am sooo happy for you, Meg!! I love that mag btw.

Hooray for Ellie!!

Jayme Downs said...

Ohhh look at you, getting pub'ed times two... :) That's awesome!!

And yay for the rest!! :) :)

Marnie said...

This is so exciting Congratulations!