Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Internet Addiction?

yep, I am still sick, but at work, have a terrible headache but I can't go home even if I wanted to because my car is in the shop. ugh, oh and now I am spinning great! Anyway, I just saw this on yahoo - I get all my weird random facts from whatever happens to show up on the homepage there. But I found this one really intersteing because I have been wondering if Seth and I might be suffering from it, but on the other hand, it doesnt seem like an addiction to me, but rahter a procrastination technique - a way to avoid reality. but then again, isnt that what most addictions are really?


here is the article:
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/87251
and this part I found particularly thought provoking:
"Recent studies are surprising, indicating the problem is worst not among game-obsessed teens, but rather among middle-aged women who stay at home, constantly on the computer as a way of connecting to the outside world."

2 comments:

Colleen said...

There are days when I sometimes wonder!! It's an interesting article and I think it's going to get worse before the problem gets better... Oh to go back to simpler times! Hmmm...wait a minute - no thanks! lol

Sorry you're not feeling very goos and that you can't even go home. Take care of yourself!

rajah1116 said...

LMAO...that is Totally me! I know I am addicted, but I have it under controll! *shakes* Really, I do!