Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Made it to the next round! (& a potty story)

Well I am happy to announce that I made it to the next round of the Scrapping with the Stars competition at Coordinates Collection. I wasnt so sure that I was going to make it since my page that was inspired by Ali Edwards' style was less than stellar. (IMO) Her style was just so hard for me! I thought I did a really good job on the other LO that was supposed to be in the style of one of the DT members at CC. Anyway, I guess I did ok, because I made it to the next round where we will tackle another CC member's style along with Elsie Flannigan. I have my Elsie page already planned out and can't wait!

Here are my pages from last round - now that the round is over I am allowed to share them with you!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And was my Saturday relaxing? um, maybe - but honestly I can't even remember since Sunday and Monday were so bad - lol! Saturday we relaxed and then went out to dinner because I knew I was getting sick and I wanted to get out of the house before it really hit. We had a good time pretending that we are the average middle class american family - dinner at a chain restaurant and then a stroll around the mall. DH always gripes about chain restaurants, he prefers the small local places. But I really felt like a loud anonymous place and a cobb salad, so we went to the mall to rock bottom brewery. It was good. While we waited for our table we browsed in the book store. We got a wings and ribs appetizer that ellie loved, and I had my cobb salad and a wheat beer. Afterward we walked around the mall, bought some new socks for ellie - because she had outgrown her old ones and because I threw a pair out when we went to the bathroom - more on that later. We also had a crepe with bananas and strawberries for dessert.

ok so now onto the bathroom story - aka what my daughter will be telling her therapist later in life. so ellie had to go potty while we were in the restaurant so I rushed her to the bathroom got her undressed (as of right now she needs her pants and undies socks and shoes completely off) I left her socks on though to try to protect her feet from germs. So she is going potty when all of the sudden, the toilet auto-flushes!! My poor child simultaneously screams and leaps off the potty into my lap in the process spraying pee everyhwere. I know, you are probably laughing, and I dont really blame you, its funny, but also a tad bit traumatic for her. So after getting her calmed down and cleaned up as best I could, I threw her socks in the trash because they were wet from being on the floor wiith the pee spray. and now, she is afraid to use the potty. We ended up taking her to the doctor yesterday because she seemed to have a urinary track infection, but now I wonder if it was really just residual fear of the potty. Oh and what the doctor said is another long story entirely, but suffice it to say that she (the doc) made me feel like I pushed Ellie too hard into the potty training. I dont think she tried to make me feel that way, but the first thing she said when she walked in was, "so this is the two year old who complained that it hurts when she pees" hmmmmm.

So I am still sick and I need a nap, but I am back at work and very happy about it! Yeah, I am a bad mom, but I needed a break from being couped up in that house!

Although the update is that Seth said Ellie went on the potty in the library just fine.

Calgon take me away!!!!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

omigosh the automatic toilets are the WORST! AJ still asks "is it gonna flush?" whenever she gets on a potty in public!!

Lovin the LOs...hope you get to feeling better!

Colleen said...

Kyle hates those things too and is forever asking if it's that kind of toilet and he's 4 and a half! A little toilet paper or something to cover the laser thingy works wonders!

Your layouts are great and congrats on making it to the next round! Get better girl!

Suzanne said...

Megan! So much to comment on! Congrats on the contest, LOVE the "whatcha lookin' at" layout. Bless Ellies heart, I HATE those auto flush toilets. Sorry you're sick and hope you feel better soon! :-)

Allison Cope said...

Sending you LOTS of Calgon Meg!

Poor little thing! My DS is far from ready for the potty training thing. I'm not looking forward to the "Wet socks" either! LOL!