Sunday, August 16, 2009

dragonfly card

this was supposed to be for the flourishes fit for royalty challenge - purple is the color of royalty, but I missed the deadline. oh well. I still used the sketch from priscillastyles and the dragonfly digi stamp is from lindsays stamp stuff. For this card, I colored the dragonfly image in with crayons (mostly glitter and metallic thanks to Ellie's giant wheel-o-crayons that her Dad bought her) then I sprayed it with gold and purple glimmer mist (and just a touch of blue but that was a mistake becuase its too dark) then I wiped the glimmer mist off of the crayon and used the heat gun on it to dry it and melt the crayon a little. In retrospect I probably should have printed this one on non textured cardstock and/or melted the crayon first so that it covered better and the resist technique worked better. then I just went to town with frames and the sketch. the little journaling spot on the sentiment is one of YMBDs new printables. I colored it with copics.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love your beautiful dragonfly card! The dramatic colors are gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We love having you and hope that you will join us in the fun again next week.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Phyllis said...

This is just the prettiest card. I love those colors and I am partial to dragonflies (maybe not so much in real life) on paper and in jewelry. The Midnight Madness Design Team wants to WELCOME you to our challenge and thank you for playing along with us. See you next week!!

Phyllis - Midnight Madness Design Team
aka SparklePlenty1000 at SCS

Sandy said...

Wow - pretty... love the dragonfly and the way you colored it. You're on a roll!

Priscilla said...

Wow what a great card. It looks so pretty and should be framed as an art piece. Purple is my color, so I just love this card :)Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge and if you have not done so yet, please stop by my blog for the New Blog Candy give a way exclusive to people with blogs.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Priscilla said...

Oh and Megan I forgot to give you a BIG WARM WELCOME TO OUR CHALLENGES. This is your first time right? Thanks again
Priscilla

Sue McMahon said...

Welcome to Midnight Madness! Your dragonfly is spectacular! I love all the glittery glitz! Perfect for a dragonfly! Well done on the sketch this week!

Not sure if you knew or not, but if you have my McMahon Five Designs store logo on your sidebar and your name is drawn for the Bonus Prize this week you get even MORE freebies! :)

Hope to see you next week!

Have a great day!
Sue
MMDT Member

Shawne said...

What a cool technique, the coloring looks gorgeous and shimmery. I would have never guessed how you did it! Love the sponged background to! TFS!
Shawne
MMSCDT & CLEAR DLLAR STAMPS

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is really beautiful! I just love the image and your colors are just stunning. Wowzers! So glad you played along this week! :)
Michelle MMDT

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! So pretty! Love all the great colors!! Thanks for playing along with us Megan!

Hugs,
Melissa

MMDT August Guest Designer

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Hi Megan, Welcome to our Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge :) Your card is so pretty and is very artsy, I really enjoy cards like yours. We thank you for playing our sketch, I definitely want to see more of your MMSC cards! :) xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT