Monday, March 16, 2009

2 Scrapp Chix March Kit

Here are my creations from the 2 Scrappy Chix March kit. I just loved this kit. Honestly, when I looked at it I didnt think I would, but the more I got into it the more I loved it!

Dont you just love how the subtle blues in the papers play off of the subtle blue in the photo?

The big butterfly was totally an afterthought. I had it laying on my desk waiting for a layout about the butterfly museum and I totally forgot about it. When I found it, I thought, hmmm, is it too bright for this subtle page? But the more I look at it the more I like it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used some interesting techniques on this one. Cut out the center of the paper, then sprayed the corners with Maya Mist (that came in the kit). Then I used some markers to color in the large flower. Finally I used the stickles that came in the kit to give a little oomph to the center of the red flowers.
Photobucket

Just a couple of simple cards with some scraps from the other projects. I thought these papers were soothing and would make good sympathy cards. (Plus I was out of sympathy cards, so it worked perfectly)
Photobucket

Photobucket

And this is my brand spankin new updated card organizer. I used cardboard from shipping envelopes and sprayed the non shiny side with the maya mist. Then I used some letter stickers from my little shoebox and some tabs from ymbd. voila! my ugly photo box that I was using with scrap cardstock dividers, is not gorgeous!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the layouts - were you at a children's museum? The butterfly is really good on the lo. Nice card - and fab and gorgeous card holder!

Marcie said...

The blue butterfly was the perfect touch! Love that layout!