Friday, October 29, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
I was having a tough day today. Thanks to Sarah for letting me know that my layout was one of the ones featured on the Crate Paper blog today. I didn't win the prize, but I'm thrilled none-the-less just to be mentioned.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
1. I was sick all last week. So, naturally things are busier than normal getting caught up.
2. I got back in touch with a really great old friend and we are like automatic best friends again. It's super awesome and at the same time sort of twilight zone-y. So I am spending a lot of time right now getting caught up with him on the things we missed over the last 10 years. If we were such great friends, why didn't we talk for 10 years? Well it's a bit of a long story, but suffice it to say we lost touch and have each been looking for the other for YEARS but I went and changed my name, and he apparently just doesn't have much of an easily accessible online presence.
3. Ellie's birthday party is this weekend, so Ive been getting things ready for that. Next weekend we are going to Washington D.C. for the Restoring Sanity rally, (and to see the above mentioned friend) and then on Halloween we have 4 events to go to - our day is blocked off in 2 hour increments. So yeah things are busy.
4. Crop coming up at ACOT. on the first weekend in November. I will be teaching a class and of course there will be lots of challenges and prizes.
5. Seth had some family in from out of town -- WAY out of town. and last weekend half of my Sunday was taken up with a mad cleaning frenzy.
6. Still running and doing Pilates. I am doing a 5k the second weekend in November and I think I am going to be ready! go me! can you believe I am a runner?! I sure can't. Havent lost any weight though - but it will come.
Guess that's it! I hope to be doing some scrapping this weekend.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Our design team has gone from strength to strength, we have had over 200 amazing guest designers, and over 40 gorgeous RAKS have been sent out to you, our readers and fans! Pretty impressive dont you think.
Tomorrow we are celebrating with sketches past and present. Our design team have chosen a sketch from the archives, and will be sharing with you why they love sketches so much.
On the hour, every hour from 8am GMT, a sketch will be posted along with a RAK from one of our sponsors. That is alot of prizes and alot of inspiration! At 8pm GMT we will post a brand new sketch as normal.
To start the celebrations off, go spread the word and pop our blinkie on your blog, leave your name below, with a link to your blinkie! I will draw a winner on Sunday at 8pm GMT!
I made a sort of cape thing, then cut all the feathers from felt and glued them with fabritac. the mask was from walmart. it was all pink, but I added some rainbow feathers and some stickles to make it rainbow. the leggings are from etsy. I safety pinned the cape to her shirt, but I think I am going to add a neck strap or something for halloween. and I have a multi colored feather boa that I might add around her wrists or ankles or something.
this was the 'trial run' today at the Boo at the Zoo event. She was a hit and got LOTS of compliments. Im pretty proud.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
here is a free digi stamp for anyone who wants it, I made it for one of my nook U cards.
you are free to use it, click on it to open it full size then right click and save as. Id appreciate some credit though if you do use it.
(FYI I didnt win the nook U thing and Im pretty bummed about it since I put a ton of effort in, not going to have a whole post about that)
On Friday a challenge was posted that had 24 parts - lol! Each hour a different project was due. I don't think it was expected for anyone to do all of them, but it sort of clicked something on in me and I just HAD to do them all. I missed one at the beginning because I was at work, but after that I completed all of them and stayed up all night in the process. I will be posting those creations later, but for now here are a few observations
1. I am not as young as I used to be. Staying up all night never agreed with me and I have only done it a handful of times but clearly this is another thing that I need to admit I have gotten too old for. I am STILL recovering.
2. driving on no sleep is not a good idea. (luckily I only had to go a couple miles)
3. hard manual labor on no sleep is not a good idea
4. once I am in a scrappy zone, if I push through the exhaustion I CAN keep it going!
Here are some pictures of my (not winning) mini book
see the rest of them HERE.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Papers are indie girl from sass lass, digi stamp is sansdesign - I cut it out and used pop dots. balloons are hand cut
for a challenge to make a circle card and use something borrowed - peony image is cut from a page from a book. I cut the scalloped circles on my cricut and stapled two large ones together with a fold to create the inside of the card. The staples are hidden by the floral scalloped circle and the image which is on pop dots. more sass lass indie girl. and some primas and mme brads
challenge to use something old which is the colored pencils used to color the image - they are about 15 years old. I never use colored pencils. Sentiment is printed on the card. digi stamp is annemarritta, papers are sass lass indie girl.
LilyBoo digi stamp and sass lass indie girl papers. You can't tell from the photo, but his jacket and the blue accents on her dress are shiny from glossy accents.
for a challenge to make a shaped card. I drew the mouse and made it into a digi stamp. I used glossy accents on the icing and linen glimmer mist on the ice cream. for the chocolate layers I distressed and inked and glimmer misted them to give them texture like cake would have. (boy distressing those tiny strips was HARD)
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
For now check out my reveal HERE.